Q&A on ECOSE® Technology
1. What is ECOSE® Technology?
ECOSE® Technology is a revolutionary, new, formaldehyde-free binder technology, based on rapidly renewable materials instead of petro-based chemicals. It reduces embodied energy and delivers superior environmental sustainability.
ECOSE® Technology was developed for glass and rock mineral wool insulation, but offers the same potential benefits to other products where resin-substitution would be an advantage.
2. How does ECOSE® Technology work?
By converting bio-based materials into an inert polymer through a proprietary process, ECOSE® Technology is used to create an exceptionally strong binder that bonds mineral wool insulation strands together.This revolutionary scientific discovery eliminates the formaldehyde and phenols found in traditional binders used in various industrial processes.
3. Is ECOSE® Technology patented?
ECOSE® Technology is protected by a number of global patents.
4. Why will products made with ECOSE® Technology be more sustainable than the comparable standard available products?
Products made with ECOSE® Technology are more sustainable:
- as they have the added benefit of using a binder, which is up to 70% less energy intensive than traditional binders. With ECOSE® Technology, rapidly-renewable bio-based materials replace the traditional chemicals;
- as manufacturing emissions are reduced;
- since there is no formaldehyde or phenol used with ECOSE® Technology, it contributes to improved indoor air quality of buildings.